What to pack in your hospital stay when you have your baby? My personal opinion, not much! I only brought two bags with me. One was my cute, not so big, Dooney overnight bag with what I and the baby needed and the other was my camera bag. I am a procrastinator as well with my first daughter I packed the day before my scheduled induction and after my water broke with my second daughter. I didn't have a list either. Honestly packed like I was going away.
what to pack in your hospital bag | fresh 48 newborn photographer
1. flip flops or slip-on slippers - you do not want to walk around your room barefoot or in socks. Nor do you want to bend down to put shoes on every time you want to walk the halls.
2. PJs - whichever type you prefer. I personally like a shirt and pant set, but a nightgown works great too as long as you are comfortable. I had a nice set similar to this that I got from Nordstrom. I had both my girls at night and showered first thing in the morning. It was nice to change out of the hospital gown.
3. Pillow - this is so important. I loved having my pillow from home. The hospital pillows were small and uncomfortable.
4. Snacks - while you will not be able to eat during labour, you can afterwards. The hospital does supply some, but I have my preferred snacks packed.
5. Nursing bra and pads
7. Going home outfit for you and baby
This is such an exciting time. Enjoy every minute. It does go by so fast.
Click here for hospital bassinet picture ideas.
Elise Cellucci is located in Blue Bell, PA Montgomery County. Elise Cellucci is a modern photographer specializing in lifestyle artistic custom family photography. As a professional photographer, Elise captures maternity, newborn, baby and family portraits in Blue Bell, North Wales, Upper Gwynedd, Lower Gwynedd, Lansdale, Worcester, Conshohocken, Philadelphia Mainline, and surrounding areas.